So i've been sitting here and being a bit negative today. (Read: tired from huge Mother's day party yesterday, no money, broken car, the list goes on.) i've got all this stuff on my mind, and you know what? i'm going to be one of those Pollyanna types today and list the things i am grateful for.
- A very successful Mother's Day party yesterday. People loved the food, there were little to no awkward moments between people, and the weather was gorgeous, contrary to the dire weather predictions.
- CSA is starting this week! i will have tons of vegetables and fruits and stuff to feed my family.
- i won a contest! My friend Daphne had this contest giving away a $5 Taco Bell gift card, and i won! This is very nice, since after paying bills today, i realized i have about $11 to last me till the end of the month. i was even thinking "Oh man, what will i do when i need a chili cheese burrito?" And then i won the contest. Thanks for fueling my "Grade D" addiction Daphne!
- i got a bloggy award from Daphne, too! i will nominate others later. It is my first blog award, and i'm very happy about it.

- Kris got me this beautiful plant for Mother's Day. It's nice to have something green and alive (for now) in my house. i hope it lasts!

- i'm like a toddler, but i'm excited for my birthday in a couple weeks. i've always been excited about my birthday. i will get taken out for two meals and will get to spend time with my fav family members!
- Kris and i are going to the Twins game on Wednesday. i'm excited. My mom got us great seats for very cheap. Plus, Wednesday nights are $1 dog nights.
- My mom bought a Wii. i'm addicted to Wii golf now, and my sore arms are a small price to pay for hours of enjoyment that doesn't include a. sitting and b. getting fatter. i LOVE the Wii. i knew i wanted one, but had no idea they were that cool. But you know what this means? My mom is now cooler than i am.
- My house is clean-ish.


4 comments:
I've been there! I hate those months of having very little to last until next paycheck. God always provides for us. We thought we'd do good and put away $200 from the stimulus check in the checkbook to have a cushion. Then the starter went out on my car. it was $150. so much for having a cushion! he he.
I'll pray that God stretches your $11 VERY far!
You have such a sweet blog. I am glad I found it. I love thankful posts, they serve as good reminders to me. Your boy is a cutie. I also have a one-year-old son.
I can't find your email. It's probably right in front of my face, but anyway, email me at daphne10171 at yahoo dot com. with your address. Congrats girl!
Hey Jessica,
Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Always good to meet another MN mom. I see you play piano for a church--which one? Not Grace Church, by any chance?
I enjoyed your list here--what a great way to keep looking up. I look forward to visiting again.
Post a Comment