CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

About me

(After my 102nd blog post, i decided an About Me page is in order.)

i am jessica Gensmer, pianomomsicle extraordinare. The handle comes from the fact that i play piano, am a mom, and am always cold. (My husband calls me jessicle.)

My husband Kris and i have been married since August of 2006 at the age of 21, after dating since senior year of high school. We are still really enjoying marriage. Really. i'll let you know if this changes. :)

We have a son named David. He was born in February 2007. His eyes are a gorgeous color blue, and he is a great sleeper and a terrific eater and the love of my life. He also seems to have "Rain Man" tendencies. i will also keep you updated about this.

You can read his birth story here and here.


In October 2008, i had a little girl, Cadence Rae. i'm working on her birth story.

i am the pianist at a fantastic church in Eden Prairie. To me, getting paid money to play piano is like a 3-year-old getting paid to jump in puddles. i LOVE my job, and all the people around me there.

i have had some college education: 2 years at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso Indiana and a semester at Bethel University in Roseville MN as a church music major. 2.5 years and $20,000 of debt later, i've learned you do not need a degree to play piano at church. i hope to go back to school and finish with a B.A. in Communication and a music minor.

Fajitas with guacamole are my favorite food. Dr. Pepper is possibly the most perfect beverage ever created. Besides margaritas.

Eric Whitacre is a modern composer. His work is so incredible that he is the only musical influence i'm listing on this page. Please go check out his music. His album "Cloudburst" is a great beauty.

i don't have a lot of money. This motivates many of my posts. i'm not niching myself into a "frugal blog" because this is my personal blog and because i don't have enough "wealth" (haha) of information for maintaining a blog about frugality or saving money. But because this is my personal blog, and so much of my life revolves around figuring out how to save money, i tend to write quite a bit about money. If you are wanting actual thrifty blogs, go to my friends Sense to Save and Northern Cheapskate.

If you'd like to know more about me, you can email me : jessica dot gensmer at yahoo dot com.

You can also ask me to be your friend on facebook, right here.

Jessica 'Hudson' Gensmer's Facebook profile


Here are some of my better posts:

An Email i wrote to my mom

My Sweet Night

How we relate to God

i no longer allow anonymous posting, because my stance is: introduce yourself! Stay a while! However, enjoy my gift to you: no unreadable word verification while commenting.

i hope you enjoy my blog. i really enjoy writing it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so funny - I just tagged you to learn more about you and you wrote this post. You were the only blog lady that I didn't know your name, just pianomomsicle. Hi Jessica! Anyway, go to my blog to see what I tagged you with.

Mama Smurf said...

Nice to "meet" you! I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano...even made my husband buy me a keyboard for Christmas a few years back because I insisted I was going to take classes. It's still sitting downstairs collecting dust...one day...one day.

Consecutive Odds said...

LOVE Dr. Pepper and am excited for July 4th when I will likely be able to have one again! And you have a great blog!

Kacie said...

Margaritas go very well with fajitas and guac...hmm, that sounds really good right now! Too bad it's uh...morning.

How did you learn how to play piano? Lessons/self-taught? I'd love to read more about your piano experiences and favorite songs, maybe in an upcoming blog post or so :)

I can plunk out a few songs decently, but my sight reading isn't so good and I haven't had a piano in years.

anne said...

Hi Jessica,

A few things:

I read your blog because of my sister, the aforementioned friend who you love, and I'm glad for that, because she's pretty great!

I keep reading your blog because it keeps getting better... and because I'm a technophile librarian who reads lots of blogs.

I purchase CD's for my library and will look into buying some Eric Whitacre, so thanks!

I was just in Minneapolis for a library conference and always come home from your neck of the woods liking it a little more.

That's all! Take care :)

kristine said...

Oh Jessica - I loved this "i will issue forth another human" I couldn't stop laughing!!