CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New layout

Do you like it? i do, but what i didn't like was that adding the new template took out all my sidebar links and stuff, and i had to start all over.

Guess what? i played violin yesterday. My friend Lisa and i are playing a wedding on Friday, with her on piano and voice and me on violin. i haven't played violin in a wedding in a LONG time. We had a great time rehearsing yesterday, and i was much better at playing than i thought i would be, especially since i hadn't taken it out since the last time.

i'm really tired of my clothes not fitting. This is not due to pregnancy, this is actually due to a crazy metabolism that crashed after i had David and went on the depo shot. But really, even the large sized clothes i bought after David was born are snug. Nothing is comfortable, and everything makes me look like a middle-aged man. (Pot belly, love handles.) And my new size of jeans is weird, too. The size down (8) is way too tight, but the size i'm wearing (10) ends up going way farther down over my booty than is appropriate when i bend down. And because all my shirts are too small, they can't be pulled down to a comfortable length over my behind to avoid embarrassment. All my button-downs gap. All my stretchy sweaters stretch and show my lovely pot belly and muffin-top i've got going. Clinton and Stacey would not approve, but i've taken to wearing my husband's shirts, which hide all unfortunate body circumstances, but bring up new problems, such as looking like one of those "sweatshirt" moms, which i swore i'd never be. (No offense, sweatshirt moms. i see where you're coming from.)

There. Rant over. If you feel like reading something funny after this post, read this Dave Barry article i laughed until i cried over today.

3 comments:

kristine said...

I love the new layout. I played with one a long time ago and was so frustrated that I had to redo everything. I have since decided not to do it again!

Sad to say - I am a sweatshirt mom. I hate it. I, too, swore I would ***NEVER*** become one. It becomes easier and more comfortable and unfortunately, it becomes more permanant than you would like. I hope to plan on changing that once Parker is born. We'll see how that goes - 2 kids instead of one.... hmm....

Unknown said...

Might as well just go ahead and start wearing maternity clothes if you're going to wear your husband's shirts. I understand. My favorite thing to wear is elastic waist running shorts and a t-shirt that barely touches my body. Pretty sad, huh?

Jeni said...

I'm a new reader and I just had to comment on this post. I am in the same place as you, not an 8 but my 10's definitely sag. I love that you referenced Stacy and Clinton too, I heart that show.